Smoking of cigarettes, cigars or pipes in not permitted under any of the following circumstances:
- In any rooms or parts of building which contain flammable liquids or explosives, or in which vapors from flammable liquids may be present or in which flammable material or explosives are used in any manufacturing, testing or experimental operation.
- In any rooms or parts of buildings where tanks, drums or cans which contain or have contained oxygen, acetylene, oil, gasoline, LPG, malodorant, paint, varnish, thinners or any other highly combustible materials are kept or stored.
- In rooms where wet storage batteries are stored or are being charged.
- In any area, indoors or outdoors, where“NO SMOKING” signs are posted.
- In any area so designated by management, and in accordance with local, state and federal requirement, where applicable.
- Around any pipe line or equipment repair work where flammable liquids or vapors are or may be present.
- In any yard or enclosure where flammable vapors or explosives are or may be present
- On the derrick floor of any drilling well or during workover job.
- Within 150 feet any drilling or workover well during drill stem testing, cementing, fracturing, logging or other operations where oil or gas is, or nay be, present. (During other drilling or workover activities, a safe area shall be designated for smoking and leaving smoking materials.).
- Within 150 feet of any completed oil or gas well.
- Within 150 feet of any water well where gas may be present.
- Within 150 feet of any tank, separator, vent line or other possible of combustible vapors.
- A distance of 150 feet, on the upwind side, of a source of combustible vapors is generally considered safe for smoking under unusual circumstances, however, in a calm, heavy atmosphere, or where there is an excessive flow of gas greater distances may be necessary.
- Whenever a person enters an area where combustible vapors are likely to be present, all matches, lighters and other smoking materials are to be removed from the person and left in a safe place.
- Kitchen type, or any other “ strike anywhere” matches are to be brought onto Company property .
- if employees are not sure that it is safe to smoke, the rule is:DO NOT SMOKE.